How to Use SuperStart! A Preteen Curriculum
Gather the preteens in your church, add at least one large-group leader, add one small-group leader for every six to eight preteens, and you’re ready for SuperStart! Christ In Youth and Standard Publishing have teamed up to provide this easy-to-use large-group/small-group curriculum that connects preteens to God's Word.
"The curriculum uses fantastic stories from the Bible and relates them to the kids' lives! It makes it practical for them and where they are in life." Traci, preteen leader, Ohio
Below is a quick listing of some of the SuperStart! components. You will want to read Customizing This Curriculum (PDF, 297 KB) to get some ideas about how you can use this curriculum in ways that best fit your ministry with preteens.
The SuperStart! curriculum includes:
- 13 lessons in the teacher guide
- One Big Question per unit
- One Scripture Memory per unit
- Large-Group/Small-Group format
- Pre-Start activities
- Extra-Time activities
- CD with worship songs, posters, articles, and graphics
Flip through the covers of all 8 exciting quarters!
- Video clips and fun Q&A segments for each lesson, Meet the Cast segment, countdowns, and an intro loop.
- fun activities for each small-group time
- life-application tear-outs
- real-life preteen interviews to challenge students
- ideas for fun family projects
How to Use SuperStart! Curriculum in a Smaller Church
If you’re part of a smaller church, you may not ever have a really large group. That’s OK! Just stay together as one group for the entire time. But if you have more than eight preteens, you may want to enlist the aid of one other adult or mature teen so you can have two small groups during the small-group time. The students will be able to go deeper in their study of God’s Word and build great relationships if the groups are kept fairly small.
DVD Lesson Clips
The DVD lesson clips for Volume 1, Numbers 1 and 3, were filmed at SuperStart! live events. See questions 28-31 of the FAQs for helpful info on using these clips.